Let´s look at that CME event:
The EMP will reach earth without warning. solar observing satellites will be immediately destroyed or their information transferred by radio waves will be as fast as the pulse itself. any visual earth-bound observation will take place the second that EMP reaches earth.
8 minutes after the CME 80% of all electronics on earth is destroyed. and of course 80% of all car/ship/aircraft electronics are destroyed. 80% of all water pump facilities for human water supply are destroyed.
80% of all nuclear plant electronics will fail.
from that moment there will be no emergency services available for years ...
8 minutes after the CME 80% of all industry facilities malfunction because of electronic malfunction.
days after the CME 50% of all heavy duty transformers get destroyed by the solar wind effects. the remaining grid infrastructure is working like a gigant antenna amplifying the voltage and current induction.
most of these transformers are produced in China today. there is no transport facilities left to transport those spare parts already produced to their target locations.
btw. those transformers in stock might be also destroyed by the CME.
2 days later the remaining nuclear plants in operation will malfunction because of an interrupted diesel fuel supply chain for their emergency operation control system.
brave new world we have established ... how could that happen?
people knew the devasting effects of EMP since the early atomic bomb experiments.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn6OVLK0MBI#
how to cope with that problem?
military knows how to build electronic devices surviving EMP. They use special shielding, mulit-layer pcbs and special military versions of integrated circuits and microprocessors based on reinforced semiconductor microstructures.
what does that mean?
complete exchange of 100% of all electronics on earth utilizing that protected technology.
but this prudent idea is in no way compatible to today´s profit maximation approach ...
who can honestly say "I didn´t know ..." and reject responsibility?
homo sapiens sapiens???
BTW in case you want to preserve your ready-to-run laptop for a post technology age of mankind without internet you have to do the following:
1. extract your laptop battery (batt1) from the laptop
2. add some customized cables and voltage lifter for DC laptop supply
3. wrap the laptop, cables and voltage lifter in 1 shielding layer standard aluminum foil
4. wrap that package in 1 isolating layer standard plastic foil
5. take special care that there are no electrical connections between different aluminum foil layers
6. redo steps 3 and 4 3 times
7. do steps 2 to 5 for your solar panel(s) charging your notebook in the new age time
8. buy an identical 2nd laptop battery (batt2)
9. do steps 3 to 6 for batt1
10. charge batt2 at a reasonalble time schedule
11. once the battery is charged swap batt1 and batt2 and re-iterate steps 9 to 11 persistently
Copyright: Mad Max 2014https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti6rG4NmsyM#